featured image

As more and more employees choose to continue working remotely – or only take on jobs that offer remote working options, it’s more important than ever to ensure that the 8 hours+ a day you spend sitting is as comfortable and ergonomically correct. Enter the E-WIN Champion Series seat.

E-Win Champion Gaming Chair
E-Win Champion Gaming Chair

Priced at $359 at the time of writing, this chair series is priced around the low to mid range for ergonomic gaming chairs – but it is well worth it. With a 155-degree backrest, memory foam-like cushion, and a 400-lb weight limit, it’s hard to beat the comfort at that price. Also worth noting is that the E-WIN has an XL line designed specifically for more important users with a maximum weight of just under 600 lbs.

The Champion Series chair has SO many different color options that you are sure to find your favorite color in the lineup. You also have the choice between PU leather and a piece of soft woven fabric to choose from. The seat is made of cold-cured foam, similar to memory foam, and is on the slightly harder or firmer side and retains its shape for a longer period of time.

The E-Win features heavy-duty wheels, padded and adjustable armrests, and a removable lumbar support and neck pillow. The lumbar support is my all-time favorite and the reason I chose this chair – it’s just better. However, I never thought the neck support would be so great.

E-Win seat
E-Win seat

Bringing this beauty together

I was immediately a bit confused because the instructions were in Spanish and the pictures were for a different model of chair than mine. However, looking online, I’m pretty sure I got the Knight Series instructions. That said, the chair was easy to assemble, nothing too surprising or confusing. All together it took about 15 minutes to screw and unscrew the pieces to fit together and make sure everything worked as it should.

Half that time was probably spent looking for the English directions to make sure I was doing it right – and seriously, you don’t really need directions – it goes without saying.

Trying out my new love

Once it was put together I was shocked at how comfortable it was. Officially, E-WIN chairs are known for being very gamer-oriented, but I’ve used these chairs myself in the office and for office work at home – and when I turned around and played PC after hours, I can safely say I’ve loved the chair. enjoyed for all applications.

Initially, I was a little worried that the white-on-black logo would be too much, as most of my surrounding furniture is minimalist. However, I’m happy to say those fears were unfounded – my head usually covers the logo and it’s not noticeable when the chair is tucked under the desk.

The chair has a nice look and feel, and the cushions are relatively comfortable for someone who sits in the chair for more than 10 hours a day. The lumbar and neck pillow are easily adjustable or even removable if they’re not your jam, although I found the high-density pillow to be extremely nice to lean on.

EWin Gaming Series
EWin Gaming Series

Best

Perhaps the biggest thing that impressed me is the seat’s ability to recline. Seriously, you can get close to 180 degrees in landscape (155 degrees to be exact). As someone who prefers the ability to sit back and adjust without missing a beat, this chair didn’t fail to impress. It is comfortable and easy to adjust, and reclining is a great and new feature for me.

The worst

Leaning forward has led to some frustration. The chair is designed to recline, which it does very well. But if you lean too far forward on the edge of the seat, the whole seat shall go with you. As you know, most office chairs have the same problem.

My biggest nitpick for the seat is that the seat height is higher than you might expect, even on the lowest setting. It’s not a problem for me that I’m 5’6″ tall, but a little different story for the people who use my seat who are 5’3″ – 5’4″.

Although the website says the chair is intended for users from 5′ 3” to 6′ 1”, a person’s feet do not rest completely on the floor at the lowest position, and that person is that I am a few inches taller than the shortest recommended E-WIN.

Whoever uses my seat next to me says, “Personally I really like being perched a bit with a yoga block or something like that under my feet to help fidget the legs – so seat height isn’t an issue for me.” But it might be worth mentioning for those who are vertically challenged.

Pros

  • Low-mid price compared to comparable
  • 155 degrees lean back
  • Soft PU Leather
  • Comfortable foam seat
  • Adjustable back and neck pillow

cons

  • The lower seat height can be high for short users
  • No option for real leather

Final Thoughts

Overall, I was surprised by the quality of this chair, especially considering the price. I’ve only had it for a few months, but it’s endured all the abuse of 10+ hours a day of use, constant movement, constant adjustment, and constant “oh cool, I can watch TV lying down”.

The adjustability and ergonomic design of the E-Win Gaming Chair make it the overall champion (pun intended) among chairs. The great thing about our office is that we’re a tech magazine – and now, in the office – we look high-tech. You will love this chair.

Deanna Ritchie

Deanna Ritchie

Editor in Chief at ReadWrit

Deanna is the editor-in-chief at ReadWrite. Previously, she worked as editor-in-chief for Startup Grind and has over 20 years of experience in content management and content development.