featured image

I’ve only been playing the medieval strategy city builder demo for a few minutes Country houses when I felt a sudden surge of excitement. I had just created my first set of burglaries – residences that citizens can rent from their lord and landowner – which was a satisfying occupation in itself, although not what I am. For real be excited about.

You don’t just drop any house in Manor Lords, you draw a box with four corners so you can dictate the length and width of the zone, with the box automatically snapping to nearby roads and optimizing the space to fit the houses in it. It’s a nice system (there’s a gif somewhere below that shows it in action) and I can see that it comes in handy when a city is densely populated and you’re trying to squeeze extra homes between other buildings or roads.