featured image

I really thought a little indie game would eventually explode on PC to deliver the Animal Crossing social sim experience we’ve been frisking on our Nintendo Switches in 2020. Several have tried it over the years, but none have achieved the same success as Stardew Valley did with the Harvest Moon formula. The days of small teams eating the lunch of classic Nintendo series may be over, now bigger studios are taking their chance. Smash Bros. finally gets a run for its money from a Warner Bros. Gameand the Animal Crossing on PC experience has arrived on PC, shrouded in House of Mouse.

I admit I went to Disney Dreamlight Valley to breed a grudge. I wanted an underdog story, not just a big studio licensing a big brand to buy Nintendo. “Those character designs look so Fortnite-y,” I grumbled to myself last week, belie my prejudice even to myself.