There’s just something about a high-quality office chair that makes the day better. With an 8-hour workday mainly in front of a computer, a chair designed for more comfort makes things more bearable. Since I am prone to back pain, I was looking for something more supportive. When Vertagear got in touch with us asking if we wanted to try out their PL1000 Pink Hero Edition gaming chair, we were more than happy to see what it had to offer.


Vertagear PL1000 Pink Hero Gaming Chair Easy Assembly

Vertagear PL1000 Pink Hero Gaming Chair

When I walked into the office last week, I noticed a giant box next to my desk, which I could only assume was my new Vertagear gaming chair or a small car. Luckily for me, it was the first, so I quickly got down to building it.

It comes with all components individually packaged in the box, with clear instructions on how to put them all together. First you need to attach the gas lift rod, then the wheels, and finally you slide the backrest into the seat and screw in a few side screws to hold everything in place. It also includes all the necessary tools and hardware so you don’t have to run to the garage to build it. Easy as pie, and it only took me about thirty minutes from unpacking to complete assembly.

Editor’s Note: Not all office and home furniture has instructions that are easy to understand. Kudos to you, Vertagear!

Vertagear PL1000 Pink Hero gaming chair adjustability

My first thought as I sat in this Vertagear gaming chair PL1000 was “how far does this baby lean back?” The answer is a lot! The slightly more technical answer is enough to take a nap or install a TV on the ceiling. My previous mesh desk chair didn’t have a recline, so this was a welcome change.

landscape
Vertagear Gaming Chair PL1000 fully reclined

The seat also has a lever on the right side that allows you to recline the backrest. Like any good office chair, there is a handle on the bottom that allows you to adjust the height of the chair and also rotate it.

The arms are also height adjustable, each with its own lever. I enjoy my chair arms that are low enough that I can place them comfortably under my desk, but high enough that I can still rest my arms on them when I’m not actively working. I am able to reach that center point easily on either side.

Vertagear PL1000 Pink Hero Gaming Chair Comfort

Vertagear PL1000 Pink Hero Gaming Chair

The Vertagear PL1000 gaming chair has built-in lumbar support, which is useful if you sit most of the day. The memory foam neck pillow is something I also use most of the time. It is removable and adjustable, with an elastic band used to keep it in place so you can put it in the most comfortable position.

Vertagear also designed this chair with a wide seat, made of double-layer hybrid foam. It doesn’t have the most cushioning in the world, but it’s certainly not uncomfortable. In fact, it’s one of the more comfortable desk/game chairs I’ve used. In addition, the Pink Hero edition benefits the Susan G. Komen Foundation, giving you the opportunity to help people with breast cancer.

There are five 360°-rolling casters that make it easy to roll around the office when we’re having a group discussion for final training or whatever is trending in the power tool world.

In terms of fit, this model is recommended for weights up to 240 pounds and heights up to 6 feet, 2 inches.

Price and support for breast cancer

The Vertagear Pink Hero Edition PL1000 gaming chair costs $259.99 direct from Vertagear’s website. Until September 14, 2022, Vertagear will donate 20% of the sale of this model to the Susan G. Komen Foundation to support their mission to find a cure for breast cancer.

It comes down to

I can definitely see the Vertagear PL1000 holding up for years, and I’m definitely happier about my desk life than I was before. The adjustability and comfort are very welcome and your purchase will support a good cause.